Diving Thailand in August 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vickyn

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi - I am looking for advice on where to stay in Thailand to do about 3 days diving in August. I have previously stayed in Koh Tao, Phi Phi, Phuket, Railey and Krabi for diving in August. I'm looking for a new part of Thailand to see and do some diving at the same time. I've looked into Koh Lak but believe that you cannot dive there in August. Any other recommendations?

You could go to Koh lanta, but that woulkd be more or less the same sites you've visited already from Phuket Phi Phi and Krabi.

But you;'re right, Khao Lak in August does not offer diving.

You could go to Koh lanta, but that woulkd be more or less the same sites you've visited already from Phuket Phi Phi and Krabi.

But you;'re right, Khao Lak in August does not offer diving.

Great! I will look into Koh Lanta, i'm not concerned about repeating the same dives as we have always had great experiences and plenty to see. I just don't really want to stay on Phi Phi for a third time. Has anybody dived from Koh Lanta and would recommend it, or not? I take it the prices are a bit more expensive as it's further to travel to the dive sites.

During August the seas can be rough around Koh Lanta but don't have to be, this could be of influence of the boats go out or not. Since it's off season, operators that are open during that time frame, will need a minimum amount of customers before it's worth for them having a trip, two factors to consider. If all works out, Koh Lanta is perfect for Hin Daeng and Hin Daeng.
Scubafish is open all year around on Koh Lanta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom