Question Diving suit thickness for Coron or Bohol Waters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi! I'm planning a trip to either El Nido or Bohol sometime in January with a few friends! I'm mostly leaning towards El Nido because I want to see the wrecks and the underwater Dimalucad Cave because they seem to be very beginner friendly. Would a 3mm suit be alright for it? Since this is a tropical country, I think the waters won't be that chilly but I sometimes underestimate how cold it can be. Furthermore, are there any reputable dive shops in the area where we can rent gear? Any first-hand experience or suggestions will be appreciated!

Bohol is also an option for me because it's technically cheaper for me because we have an acquaintance there that is willing to host us if but from what I can see it's mostly for a snorkeling/free diving experience. Would also like to know if there are any reputable dive shops there where we can rent gear so as not to add more weight to our luggage.

Thank you in advance!

HI, the wrecks are in Coron, not El Nido. There are about a 5 hour ferry ride apart. You need to go to Busuanga Island, not Palawan.

There is lots of scuba diving in Bohol. It's actually a diving destination, although it's also one of the world's premier freediving destinations. In January the water is cold(for us). It's usually around 27C.

I live in Panglao, so let me know if you would like any more infromation about the diving here. It's been a few years since I was in Coron, so i'm unsure of the situation there, but there are many regular members here who have been there recently.

Hi! I'm planning a trip to either El Nido or Bohol sometime in January with a few friends! I'm mostly leaning towards El Nido because I want to see the wrecks and the underwater Dimalucad Cave because they seem to be very beginner friendly. Would a 3mm suit be alright for it? Since this is a tropical country, I think the waters won't be that chilly but I sometimes underestimate how cold it can be. Furthermore, are there any reputable dive shops in the area where we can rent gear? Any first-hand experience or suggestions will be appreciated!

Bohol is also an option for me because it's technically cheaper for me because we have an acquaintance there that is willing to host us if but from what I can see it's mostly for a snorkeling/free diving experience. Would also like to know if there are any reputable dive shops there where we can rent gear so as not to add more weight to our luggage.

Thank you in advance!
3mm is fine. The wrecks are in coron. El Nido is beautiful above water though.

You can always pack a rashguard and swim pants and rent a shorty on top if you get cold from repeated diving. Neoprene is just hell/heavy to squeeze in a carry-on as much as fins esp if not fully dried.

Back
Top Bottom