Diving south of mombasa // kenya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sonar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys

I am hopefully going to Kenya next summer. In the range of June~September. I will be going with my parents, brother and sister. Gonna do some off the hook safari stuff of course but we will also spent some time somewhere south of mombasa, near the coast. Since its a (sweeet) family trip diving is not a dealbreaker in the final decision on the location.

But I do have a small vote :cool2:

So I was wondering what location you would recommend and why. A good diveschool would obv be a great help as well. All I know so far is: south of mombasa, june~september (not the best time, i know)

I am a divemaster/ nitrox, some of my family members wanna dive as well but are uncertified and most likely not willing to do open water due time limits. I would love to see some sharks, mantas or other big fish since I have mainly done macro so far. I also love strong currents, adrenalin dives but I am mainly looking for a place where my family can dive as well

From what I read here Zanzibar is way better but thats impossible :shakehead:

thx by forehand

We are going to check out Mombasa in January. There is a PADI shop there. Contact me mid January and I will let you know. We are diving family, wife and son adv'd nitrox msd and me- instructor. Might have some pics, too.

Jon

Note we are staying just north of Mombasa. Not clear yet whether we will be diving North or South of Mombasa. :cool2:

There are dive resorts south of Mombasa, which itself is not that appealing to be honest. I dont have details, but have read about them in local dive mags. Further up north is magical island of Lamu which is like a mini-Zanzibar, there are dive operations there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom