Diving Sherkston Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I meant no camping sewage.

Rjk75. I haven't been to windmill point in 1-2 years. I heard students were there last weekend and viz was 20-25'.

Not as much stuff to see as Sherkston though

I meant no camping sewage.

Rjk75. I haven't been to windmill point in 1-2 years. I heard students were there last weekend and viz was 20-25'.

Not as much stuff to see as Sherkston though

Isn't there an old train engine and tracks in there?

Isn't there an old train engine and tracks in there?

Train/tracks is Sherkston.

Windmill has the lawn deer, the platforms, the sunken row-boat, and a couple other items....

One day in some really bad vis in Sherkston, I swam right into the Ford LTD (door was open)......

snip,... snip,...
One day in some really bad vis in Sherkston, I swam right into the Ford LTD (door was open)......

Thanks. Swimming into an object like that kind'a defeats the purpose of going underwater in the first place. I'll stay away from that place.

Thanks. Swimming into an object like that kind'a defeats the purpose of going underwater in the first place. I'll stay away from that place.

great place to work on navigation skills...:cool2:

I've done a lot of training at Windmill, including Ice Diving Cert this past February. Not really anything worth seeing in there.

---------- Post added May 31st, 2014 at 08:51 PM ----------

So do you just drive up to Sherkston and walk in off the beach, do you need a special pass, call ahead?

Thanks Patpicos for clearing up the sewage issue, I found it hard to believe raw sewage was going in there.

Hi
The dive shop at Sherkston is no longer

The conditions: 42F at bottom
Visibility is quite bad. 5-10' at most. Lots of particulate

where you got that from?
they posted on FB a demo day even for the weekend of victoria day also their website is up and running

Went today to Sherkston Quarry. Open till 5pm, till the end of November and $10 each. Visibility was great 20 to 40 feet. Water temperature was 54 to 57°F. Dove 2 dives in a 7mm wet suit, gloves 5mm, hood 7mm. The wind when sitting out was bitter. Great dive saw the rail way ties, train, train boxes, schools of minnows and larger fish.... bass perhaps.

Went today to Sherkston Quarry. Open till 5pm, till the end of November and $10 each. Visibility was great 20 to 40 feet. Water temperature was 54 to 57°F. Dove 2 dives in a 7mm wet suit, gloves 5mm, hood 7mm. The wind when sitting out was bitter. Great dive saw the rail way ties, train, train boxes, schools of minnows and larger fish.... bass perhaps.

I've contacted them via FB messenger and they have told me that access stops as of 31 Oct...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom