Diving school in Sardegna, Italy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba.duba

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,

can someone recommend good scuba diving school in Sardegna? I love this place and I would like to start there

Thanks!

Two years ago I did my advanced certification together with my brother at a dive center called Argonauta: ARGONAUTA - Diving Club - WELCOME

They are located in Calla Gonone (mid level east coast) along a rugged coastline. Beautiful diving area with plenty of great swim throughs in granitic formations. Also a great wreck dive on a German WWII ship at 32 meters. If you are doing your advanced, you could even try out the introductory cave diving lesson. We did this and I loved it.

The dive center is small and relaxed. It's run by a great couple and usually employ 2-3 seasonal dive masters. They pay close attention to safety and also the environment. You will learn good skills with them.

On top of that, the area has some awesome secluded beaches.

I would warmly recommend them, but know that this is my only experience in Sardinia, so I cannot compare with other regions.

Cheers

p.s. my avatar pic is a swim through from that trip.

Look also at www.oroseidivingcenter.it

I worked there many years, i will be there September/October and can recomend it 100%.

Orosei is 30 Kilometers north of Cala Gonone and the mentioned WW II Wreck KT12
lies in perfectly leveled on a sandy bottom 33 meters deep, just in in front of the Harbour of Orosei.

See my fotos from there just to get a brief appetizer...

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/3748

Enjoy!

Chris

fantastic! thanks! we are going again to Tortoli (Arbatax) but Orosei is only one hour far if I good remember

Nice photos! I messed up the settings on my camera on that dive and only realised when we surfaced... so my pics were terrible.

I remember it exactly like this. Deep blue colors, great visibility, we were the only boat on the site. The cannon on the top deck is impressive!

Outch,

Tortoli - Orosei is a 2-3 hour drive on the costal road and longer but shorter in time taking the "Highway" over Nuoro.

The divings from Tortoli some times offer Dives at the KT12,
but prepare for a long and bumpy ride on a 28/30ft. RIB.

If you are/get a "addicted" diver you may should go to Villasimius too or even better do a roundtrip around this marvelous island.

Villasimius offers lots of great Wrecks and sites for technical diving and other famous divesites in Sardinia are:
- Secca del Papa - La Tavolara National Park near Olbia
- Ile de Lavezzi, The City of the giant Goupers, on the southern tip of Corsica but leaving from Santa Teresa di Gallura
- Caves & Caverns near Alghero
- The fantastic divesites around Cagliari & Villasimius

Have fun there and maybe we see us there

Chris

I just posted in another topic that I am already on Sardegna Island, and if you are on the east part of it (like san teodoro), u have to dive in Tavolara and Molara area. I used the service of Blu Infinito School- good one!
I can also respond for all question you have about the place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom