Diving & Sailing Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saialle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,

need some suggestions from the insiders...
we would like to sail and dive the Bahamas. We are looking for Aug. 7-15th, it's a last minute thing, but would be like a dream come true!

We are looking to book a "liveaboard" that will be a sailboat, it can even be somebody you know that own a compressor and a sailboat :wink:

My hubby really like to sail, all we want to do is sailing and diving!

Thanks a lot!

PS Blackbeard & Juliet are fully booked at those dates... :depressed:

Last edited:
Have to tell you that is prime time for hurricanes. Even a strong depression or worse tropical storm could seriously impact your cruising plans. That said you could get in touch with Mark Gonsalves (Info@watercolourscottages.com) in the Abacos Cruise Abaco - Bahamas Sailboat Charter . Friends used his services and were pleased with them. The Abacos particularly part south of the Bight of Abaco are a reasonable sailing area with lots of sights on and under the water. The Moorings also service the Abacos Bareboat Bahamas Yacht Charter & Sailing Vacations | The Moorings If you google around you will find other sailboat operations running out of Nassau on New Providence. Running from there to about anywhere, the Berrys, Exumas, Eleuthera, Andros (some tricky navigation) comes into view.

Thanks RickI!

I have just send an email to Cruise Abaco.
There is room on the Avalon, but not for our dates. I asked about hurricanes, if they need to cancel the trip, you are fully refunded apparently.
The Moorings seems to be a charter company, and they do have sailing course starting in December... that might be our next vacation!

I am surprised there is not that much liveaboard over there...
Blackbeard, Juliet, Avalon, that's what I have found so far.

Can't we just go there and hitchhike a ride? :blinking:
Anyway, if somebody hear about a sailboat owner that takes people around to dive, let me know!

I think they operate with Blackbeard, I got and answer from Judy, and again, not available at my dates...
Too bad for us, we couldn't plan more ahead...

Does it have to be that week? And the Bahamas? What about the BVI's instead? Cuan Law has space the month following that week - but the weeks are marked "family" cruise - not sure what that means. Welcome Aboard Cuan Law - Liveaboard Diving in the British Virgin Islands

Although now that I look at their schedule, they may not be sailing those weeks as they may not have any bookings...

We took our sailboat to the Bahamas a couple of years ago and took a slip at Conch Inn and Marina in Marsh Harbor. This is the home of the Moorings Fleet and also for Dive Abaco. Dive Abaco has several hotel dive packages.

Keith at Dive Abaco runs a great operation. Nice boat, good rental equipment and he will act as your guide on your dives. You can do your own thing, but you would miss a lot. Keith really knows the reefs. My son and I did our checkout dives with them.

There are dive operations on most of the developed Cays. You could combine a dive trip with a visit to different harbors.

Marsh Harbor has convenient air service from south Florida.

Bummer you can't catch a ride on the Juliet, they run an outstanding operation. I love the fact you don't have to fly to the Bahamas and they have nitrox. If the sailing piece weren't important, I'd suggest checking with Bahamas Liveaboard Diving-Nekton Replacement Cruises

It seems that because of hurricane season, the options are reduced.
Plus I was on a short notice....
I will keep all the infos mentioned above, and plan AHEAD my next vacation!!
Thanks a lot everybody!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom