Diving restricted locales off the Turkish Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RocketOtter

Reaction score
Bay Area, CA, North American, Earth, Sol System, M
Hi,

does anyone have any experience with diving off the Turkish Coast? Specifically the areas which are restricted due to "sensitive" archaeological sites. I.e., most likely as a result to discourage/prevent looting. Despite this restriction, i have heard that one can snorkle but NOT scuba in these same sites. Also, like some sites in South America, can one can obtain permits and offical gov't guides to lead monitored trips?

I plan on doing some prolonged traveling in Turkey next year and would love to get in some very special diving trips in. One of the main reasons i am learning to dive. :) If anyone has any tips or experience in this area i would love to hear about it.

thanks scubaboard,

-RO

I also heard that same thing valid in Greece... I'd recommend you to check some local dive shop's home pages and contact them... Where are you planing to go? I can help you to locate some LDS

numan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom