Diving phuket this month, need hotel and dive site advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SentinelAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am an AI and my GF is a dive master. We will be in Thailand this month around the 28th and are looking to dive Phuket. We are spending a few days in Bangkok non diving and exploring. Any fun tips for us to check out? where to stay and eat? From what I have read the best dive sites for advanced divers are Hin Daeng and Hin Muang dive sites. I'm just googling but want to have a good experience. We will be there from 28-1st of February and are looking for a couple of days of fun diving. Would you guys recommend these sites or somewhere else? What dive shop would you recommend and what hotel that is close? I saw some decent hotels on Expedia for $35 a night but want to make sure we are close to site. Also any good restaurant advice? We are anti plastic and eat pretty healthy.

Hin Daeng and Hin Muang offer excellent diving, but so will other places in the area. Richelieu Rock, Koh Tachai, really, really good. Are you looking at daytrips or liveaboard? If daytrips to Hin Daeng, only place to go to would be Koh Lanta. Richelieu Rock, Tachai, Khao Lak would be the obvious choice.

You mention Phuket in your thread title, and Phuket offers some good diving, but Hin Daeng and Hin Muang from Phuket would mean a liveaboard, and Richelieu Rock and Koh Tachai are doable on a daytrip from Phuket but it is a long day.

We will be there from 28-1st of February and are looking for a couple of days of fun diving. Would you guys recommend these sites or somewhere else? What dive shop would you recommend and what hotel that is close? I saw some decent hotels on Expedia for $35 a night but want to make sure we are close to site. Also any good restaurant advice? We are anti plastic and eat pretty healthy.
1. 28 Jan - 01st Feb probably mean only 2 full days for diving. Sit out on 31st for off gassing.
2. It doesn't make sense to move to Koh Lanta from Phuket for 3 night and dive for 2 days.
3. Day trip from Phuket means 07:00 to 17:00 or even longer depends where you are staying in Phuket.
4. Phuket is quite big and there are many places(beaches) to choose from. The most popular and touristy is Patong Beach but do make sure to stay well clear from Bangla Street.
5. Best food in Thailand for me is the local food places.
6. Anti-plastic! NO take away for a start and some food stalls use polystyrene plate. Bring your own utensils!

Have a nice one.

If you want to get to Hin Daeng, I would fly to Krabi and stay on Koh Lanta - have a look at Lanta Diver. The day trips to Koh Ha are also very good...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom