Diving or Mountain Biking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piscesdiver55

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This new forum member lives in Pisgah Forest, NC where mountain biking is the thing and my love of diving is the other thing. Wife Susan has been my diving buddy for many years and Bonaire is our dive location of choice.

Mountain biking is for the young and diving is pretty much age independent. So you will figure out the answer soon.

Mountain biking is for the young and diving is pretty much age independent. So you will figure out the answer soon.
But now we have these nice mountain bikes with electrical motor helping the elders...

Not everyone needs to shred on the trails. I am middle age and ride a lot. I know guys who are 70/80 who ride just as much.

I don't mountain bike but I live in the mountains at altitude....

CLOUDS OVER TABANGU ISKIANA.jpg

But now we have these nice mountain bikes with electrical motor helping the elders...
It's not about strength or endurance; it's about reaction and injuries. I quit when I was about 50, and I already felt like a dinosaur on the trails. All my friends quit MB long time ago, even the guy who was 20 years younger than me. I often hike where lots of MB-ers ride, like Dupont forest or Paris Mt, and I do not see any bikers older than 35-40, period.

Yup, both.
Maybe because I'm still young, but still having a blast splashing through puddles, getting muddy, and blasting around in the woods. I'm only 53.

Back
Top Bottom