Diving Okinawa in April 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freesub

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I did my divemaster course on the Ningaloo reef in Western Australia, so I must say I was spoilt with the diving there. I am now back in Switzerland and my girlfriend is from Kyushu (she is also certified diver), so that I regularly go to Japan.
I just read some of the threads about diving in Japan and I would appreciate if some of you could send more information about spots to dive in Okinawa, possibilities to see which kind of creatures, how to get there, which kind of CHEAP accomodation there is, diving centres/facilities there, ....
Any kind of information would be much appreciated as I could get to Okinawa BETWEEN THE 14TH AND 24TH OF APRIL 2008.
Please let me know, and I might even see you there ...
Arigatou gosaimasu.

I want to juggle some of those bubbles!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

I just got back from Okinawa, Check out (reefencounters.org ) ask for Doug. Great Shop and People.

There are quite a few spots in Okinawa- Sunabe seawall- easy dive great reef- you can just rent a couple tanks and jump in. Boat dives to the Keramas- yesterday we hit the trifecta sharks, turtles and whales all in one day. By April the whales will be gone though. We also have a variety of other sites around the island that are definately worth seeing. Accommodations range from hostels at at Y1500 a night for dorm rooms to resort accommodations. There are a lot of good places in Chatan near the diving that are cheap and good hotels or guest houses. Hamagawa lodge- Sunset America hotel, Cats Inn among others. If you got specific question just shoot me a pm or check the web page in my sig.

Doug

Good on ya Doug,
I checked your web site but couldn't find any prices ... could you let me know how much is a day boat trip with and without gear ... as I am planning my budget and if to bring our gear.
Thanks and hope to see you soon
Freesub

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom