Diving off Stuart for Spearfishing and Lobster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EKKsoldier622

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a very good buddy that owns a boat and w're going to check out some spots for spearfishing and lobstering before season ends, in the next couple days.

What can you tell me about these places, and any others I should consider

• Loran Tower Ledges (mod 80'?)
• Peck's Lake for lobsters (MOD?), apparently I can only lobster here.
• 6 Mile Reef (MOD?)

He also recommended the area just outside the stuart inlet, just south of bathtub reef, for some lobsters

I'm going to drop by Deep Six. I just wanted to hear some input (google only took me so far this time)

Be prepared to see a ton of dangerous bullsharks.. I am very serious.

What Dumpster said....big time.
That area really begs for local knowledge.
It can be a blast, and it can be very dangerous for reasons like:
current, fast changing conditions, great viz to bad viz in 20 seconds, and the biologicals can be pretty interesting.
Good luck to you!
Chug
Done doved it a bit up there.

We snorkel on the Loran Tower ledge, don't think I ever got to use tanks on it. Big long ledges, should be able to get some dinner. You may want to consider sending the fish up on floats for the drfting boat to pick up. When the vis is good, it is very cool. You may see cubera, cobia and will defintely see: snappers, porgy, triggers, sheepshead and did I mention sharks?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom