diving north sulawesi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dedhed

Registered
Reaction score
yo folks,
i will be diving the manado area later this summer. does anyone know if sulawesi-sive-quest on bunaken & lembeh is a safe operation. good reports and bad reports are welcome.
dh

dedhed

I just returned from Manado and from Lembeh the other day, I spent 3 weeks there teaching courses and diving. I was staying at a dive center called Murex Dive resort, that I would highly recommend them to anybody. The food was good and the staff where excellent. They do have a shop in Manado and also in Lembeh. You can reach them at info@murexdive.com Tell them that Bruce recommended you to them. Nitrox is available at both resorts.

Bruce

What type of diving?
I like the walls in Indonesia with great panoramic views for wide angle photography.
Got any there?

dedhed,
I am mostly a cave and wreck diver but everybody there where interested in the macro. Almost everybody there had there own camnera's and video's.
Murex has liveaboard trips, nitrox and they do have technical equipment if you really want to head down the wall. That is what I was hoping to do on my next trip.

Bruce

best place for diving in Bunaken Marine Reserve is the livingcoloursdiving resort on the main island of Bunaken.

qualitydiving - very good indo/euro food

european dive instructors and very good indonesian divemasters

brand new equipment

full board 15USD/day

25USD/daydive including all gear and tankfilling
35USD/nightdive

deal on weekly base is possible

www.livingcoloursdiving.com

I was kind of thinking about going to Manado next month and was thinking of staying at Eco-Diver. However, now a friend is trying to talk me into going on a live-aboard in Komodo instead.
I don't know much about Komodo. I was thinkin gof Manado mainly for all the macro stuffs there. Any opinion on Komodo vs Manado/Lembeh would also be appreciated.

we did both last winter and both places are just perfect. If I would go again, I would probably choose Komodo (Labuan Bajo) again because of the rougher region and I have some german friends over there too. the lodging in Bunaken is better though but then again you're on a boat; should be good too.

have a nice trip

If you really love macro you definitely should come to Lembeh Strait. There are four divecenter now here. SDQ, Lembeh Resort, KBR and ours. So enough choice.
Both Michael Bode and Teresa put information on their sites about Komodo and Lembeh. See the links to their sites on our linkpage on:
Divers Lodge Lembeh

andibk once bubbled...
dedhed,
I am mostly a cave and wreck diver but everybody there where interested in the macro. Almost everybody there had there own camnera's and video's.
Murex has liveaboard trips, nitrox and they do have technical equipment if you really want to head down the wall. That is what I was hoping to do on my next trip.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,
I just got back from a week's live onboard at Manado and Lembeh, it was good diving but i did find that lots of the gang were there for small small stuff which doesn't really get me going.

I much prefer to go deeper and look for wercks, we went to an interesting on at Lembeh, 3 stories inside with lots of space.

Was talking to the american guy there and he said he had a few sets of BP's set up for doubles for tech stuff.

He also would like to orginise a research trip to look for the fish they discover there that was thought to be extinct.

He said ".. would be good to have a team that could go to 120 and spend 10-12mins there.."

Now that is damn deep way past my current desires, but sounded like fun anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom