Diving north of San Fran

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthernLights

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I would like to try some diving just north of San Francisco. Can anyone recommend a dive shop up the coast, and also sites that are not too difficult for entry?

Marin Diving Center in San Rafael, Pinnacles Dive Center in Navota, Seals Watersports in Santa Rosa are a few up that way. Not too difficult is subjective but diving up there can be great but you are more remote and the entries can be steep and rocky. Look on www.shorediving.com and look up California North that will give you some reviews and pictures of some of the sites up that direction. Also make sure you check the swell reports as this area can get rough there is not much protection up there.

2nd Marin Diving Center. They also do nitrox fills, banked or blended.

Stillwater Cove in Sonoma County is easy entry and pretty protected.

Gerstle is one of my favorites my profile picture is Gerstle Cove on a not so good day. The entry there is down a hill and across a rocky beach.

Back
Top Bottom