Diving near Helsinki?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoolCanuck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any information regarding dive operators in Finland? I will be there at the end of August.

Not easy! There aren't typical diving operators. Most local diving is done in clubs.

There are two dive schools you can try to contact, but they hire services from others to actually do the dives.
This one has dives programmed for September in Hanko Sukelluskoulu Aalto
You can also contact the Hanko dive centre directly, but it's already a bit far from Helsinki Hanko Diving
Another dive school is Helsingin Sukelluskeskus

Then there is a dive club that works a bit as a diving operator, but just for the boat, I don't think you'll get any equipment from them (although it's possible to rent from the already mentioned dive schools) Deeptech Divers

If you are cave certified, you may try to join an event at Ojamo mine as a guest. But the organization has changed format and it's bit of a mess. Again, there would be no equipment, unless you rent or manage to get something loaned.

Go to the website sukelluskouluaalto.fi (has the option of viewing in English - select Brit flag). Then pick the photo of the boat labelled "dive trips", that's how you book the business "Hanko Diving" nowadays. The lady running the shop Dive School Aalto" (aalto=wave) is very nice, and I've enjoyed being out with Hanko diving. English is no problem, with them, they have had no-Finnish tourists on each of the 4 trips I have made with them.

We have a Facebook group for divers along the western coast of Finland (from any club) to help folks arrange joint activities.

? FOR FINNS: Is there any similar FB group in the Helsinki area?

If there is, CoolCanuk could try posting there. Might get invited to join some club's weekly dive, esp. if you bring pizza :)

CoolCanuk: it would be fun to hear how your visit went! Hopefully you did get to dive.

Back
Top Bottom