Diving near Cheyenne, WY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Have a son that is going to be stationed at F.E. Warren and I'm curious where there might be some decent dive spots. Any ideas?

1 hour drive to Denver Aquarium
6 hour drive to the Crater in Utah.
7 hour drive to Blue Hole in New Mexico.
There are supposedly some small lakes in Nebraska that are descent.
Possibly some spots North of Cheyenne near Thermopolis.
3 1/2 hour flight to Cozumel.

Curt Gowdy State Park is less than 30 minutes from FE Warren AFB. There are two reservoirs in the Park, Granite Reservoir and Crystal Lake Reservoir. I haven't dove either, nor have I talked to anyone who has, but it might be fun to try. I am not sure they allow diving either. I've water skied on Granite, and it was kind of cold even in the summer - cold meaning not over 80*:wink:.

I know some dive at Lake McConaughy outside Ogallala, NE, but I haven't tried that yet either. It's about 3 hours away. North of Cheyenne, there are Glendo and Guernsey Reservoirs, which I have skied on, but never dove either (less than 2 hours away). Hopefully, there will be others who can help you out. I've not been diving for quite a year yet.

Thanks for trying folks!

I dive cold water - Since I'm from Michigan... my normal dive is usually 75 to 150 ft. and water temp range from 65° to 38°. Cold water regs, dry suit... So if a deep dive in a reservoir is possible... I'm game!

Yellowtail dam south of Billings Montana. Some of the coolest freshwater diving I have seen. It think it would be about 6 hours from Cheyenne. I'd be happy to meet you there and show you around. I am going to be there around Thanksgiving if you are interested.

Billings???? I might be able to make that work around then. Keep me posted smoke

Looks like I got the ok to dive on the Friday after T-day if you are interested. I am going to try and see if I can get a couple of others to go. We won't have access to air or any other things - like lunch or water. Come prepared. I might be able to bring you some tanks if you need from the lds. pm me and we can exchange phone numbers.

Hunter

Have a son that is going to be stationed at F.E. Warren and I'm curious where there might be some decent dive spots. Any ideas?

=====================================

We live in Laramie, which is about 45 minutes west of Cheyenne. Unfortunately we know of no dive sites that are close. Doesn't mean there aren't any ...we just don't know about them.

Lemme see if I can get that day off work. I usually only get sundays. bet Ill try

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom