Diving Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Girl Diver

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Divers!

I need ANY recomedation on masks, please.

I want to buy my own equipment, so I want to start with the mask.

I want to hear all opcions, I donŽ´t have any favorite brand or anything!!!

Thanks

From 13 year old daughter to 43 year old dad we all use the same mask....

The Aqualung Mythos mask, from LeisurePro only $37.95, the best part is that we can carry one spare mask as a backup for everyone when we travel.

Great outward visibility, low volume and never leaks.....

Hope this helps......M

There are lots of great masks on the market and I have owned my share. My recent purchase was a SeaDive X-One, Black Skirt, Rose Out, Silver In, Anti Fog. I have used it on a couple of 80ft dives and I love it. It has a WIDE skirt and is very comfortable. The color enhancement and blocked glare work wonders. I really like the anti-fog feature. Not having to use anti-fog puts a smile on my face between dives. I paid $115 and it was worth every penny, even if I could have bought it somewhere for less.

SeaDive

A mask is one of those things, boots/fins probably being the other, that I would definitely try-on before you buy. Both for fit/comfort and also to ensure that it doesn't leak.

If you're looking to buy something online however, look for masks that advertise a soft-skirt as they will generally seal better. These are commonly called soft-seal, silicone skirt, ultra-soft skirt etc. Low-volume is preferred also as it will be easier to clear.

I've personally had good luck with Tilos products but some of their products are for larger faces.

Forget price, style and brand, fit is everything. Visit every dive shop you can and find the mask that fits you the best and buy it. So far my mask of choice is a old standby that has been made for at least 15 years. It's inexpensive and fits me great but it might not seal at all on you. Mask are one thing that IMO should never be purchased online (unless you are replacing with a like brand and model that you are sure works for you) or because someone else loves theirs.

I agree - mask fit is a key item so for most of us - going to a shop and trying it on is the best way to go.

Her location is Costa Rica - I am not sure that there may be a big shop with lots of options to try. So limited options and outlandish prices in remote locations become par for the course - $200 for a small SPG in Tel Aviv as example.

Mail order from the US may be her best option.

M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom