Diving Information for PNG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChuckBarrier

Reaction score
I am beginning to plan a trip to PNG and have concluded that Madang would be a great place for us to base. Does anyone have experiences with accomodations and dive operations in the Madang area and what the cost are. Are there packages that you can get with the hotel or do you need to negotiate with the dive operations. Any tips you may be able to share would be greatly appreciated.

HI! Welcome to the board.
I have an instructor friend that has been there. I emailed this to her. If she's not out of town she will post something soon.
There could be others on the board that will answer soon, too.
You can go to www.scubadirectory.com while you're waiting.

:sunny:

Madang is a beautiful part of PNG. I stayed there in September 2001. Madang Resort is where I stayed and enjoyed it thouroughly. The diving there is quite enjoyable. The resort has dive packages available with their on-site dive operation.

Nancy

Hi ChuckBarrier,

I am an Aussie living in Sydney and am new to this forum. I was on a group trip to Madang in November/December and and it was great !

I am putting together some info for you about a resort in Madang called Jais Aben (pronounced JAYZ ARBIN)...it is the most popular resort in Madang for Aussie/European divers.

I will post what I can as soon as possible including costs ($aussie dollars$), dive sites, food, accomodation etc etc etc. Keep in mind that your US$ is worth about 2 of our Aussie$.

I am not connected to the diving operation/resort there in any way - I am an independent diver who went as part of a group of 8 divers and non divers from a Dive Shop on the New South Wales mid north coast - it was our annual O/Seas trip.

We were originally supposed to go to the Solomon Islands and at short notice, due to civil disturbances upsetting the airline flight schedules - the Solomons trip was cancelled and re-scheduled to Madang - in the end it was a fantastic turn of events.

I'll have as much info as possible posted for you soon.

Regards
ttlslave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom