Diving incident fatality in Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sheeper

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Not much detail yet.

A spokesman with the sheriff's office said the 27-year-old man was on a commercial fishing boat when he went diving, and when he didn't come up in a reasonable time, the captain went into the water looking for him.
The man was found, brought back to the boat and was unresponsive.
He was transported by boat to a nearby marina in the 1100 block of Love Street and met by Palm Beach County Rescue crews.
Paramedics tried to resuscitate the victim before he was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
FWC, Jupiter police and the U.S. Coast Guard responded to the scene.

Man drowns in diving incident off Jupiter Inlet | Local News - WPBF Home

So sad, RIP, friend of mine. Several of us were out in Jupiter, opening day of Lobster season. The current was ripping probably 4 kts in 90 ft. of water. We tried to bug hunt out there, but decided the current was too strong. Don’t know if these conditions had anything to do with it at this time. Great guy and very good diver.

Posted by Emerald Charters on their Facebook page. Condolences to all that knew him.Sad to report. Casey Jones passed away yesterday. As you know, Casey quit his job and left his home and family in Virginia to chase his dream of working in the dive business. I took him in as an intern on the Emerald. He was very anxious and very careful while he learned everything about Sharks. He just completed his Captain School. He died in a SCUBA accident while commercial lobstering on a private boat. No one did anything wrong. Please don't bother to speculate. That is a game better played in private. One thing Casey learned at an early age, if you love what you do, you'll never have to work a day in your life. I'll post arrangement details as I get them.56 Likes44 Comments1 Share

From Emerald Charters facebook page

Tomorrow and Sunday, the Dive Flags on most dive boats will fly at half mast to honor our fallen dive brother, Casey Jones. A picture will be taken and sent to his family. I have spoken with several boats and they agree to honor Casey this way. If you are diving this weekend, anywhere, please tell the Captain the story and ask them to fly their flag at half mast. Take a picture and share it here or send to me at randy@emeraldcharters.com so I can forward it to his family.

though i can't say that Casey was a friend i knew him from around the dive community. good kid and now gone far too soon. RIP

I too knew young Casey and found him to be vibrant, energetic, and enthusiastic; a joy to be around. He'll be sorely missed.

Sad ad to hear you lost a good friend Randy!! Prayers and thoughts are with you and the crew...

Posted by Emerald Charters on their Facebook page. Condolences to all that knew him.Sad to report. Casey Jones passed away yesterday. As you know, Casey quit his job and left his home and family in Virginia to chase his dream of working in the dive business. I took him in as an intern on the Emerald. He was very anxious and very careful while he learned everything about Sharks. He just completed his Captain School. He died in a SCUBA accident while commercial lobstering on a private boat. No one did anything wrong. Please don't bother to speculate. That is a game better played in private. One thing Casey learned at an early age, if you love what you do, you'll never have to work a day in your life. I'll post arrangement details as I get them.56 Likes44 Comments1 Share

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom