Diving in Zeeland (NL)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Who knows the good spot for diving in Zeeland in The Netherlands, I want to plan a trip in the comming weeks to go diving in Zeeland.

Thanks for all the good tips :D

Hi,
First, please apologize for my english, which is awful.
Second,
It depends mainly on what you want to do.

If you like quiet dives without current or tides, the best spots are certainly Den Osse and Scharendijke (just google it and you will find or PM, I regularly dive there so I know them), in those places, some reef balls has been put in the sea and the life is wonderfull but you've to knom depth, no more 20m

Now if you're a more experienced diver and if you like current and very very great tides all the dives spots near the Zeeland Bruck are very nice but physically demanding. And sometimes dangerous.

In every case have nice dives there!

Hi Henk
(more or less) At this moment the dive site at Zeeland Bridge is closed for maintenance on the sea barriers. (Welkom - Zeeweringen).

The Zeeland sites can be divided into 2 kind of sites:
- Grevelingenmeer sites (without tides), some sites are a.o. Dolfijntje, Dreischor/Dreischor Gemaal, Den Osse, Scharendijke... They are easy to dive.
- Oosterschelde sites: except for a few exceptions, you have to keep the tides in mind when diving here. Exceptions are Zoetersbout, Anna Jacobapolder and Oesterdam. In Oosterschelde the underwater life is much better and diverse compared to Grevelingenmeer.

Among the divers, Zeeland Bridge is a kind of famous, but there are other also great sites... For me personally, Gorishoek Blokken and Gorishoek Punt (a wall till 30metre!) are great, also Putti's Place and Goese Sas are stunning.

Happy Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom