Diving in Turkey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rdbark

Registered
Reaction score
I did my PADI OW in Turkey earlier this year. I stayed up the East coast away from the noise a little near the Bay of Fethiye. Really nice area very mountainous with really clear water. I would have to say there wasn't masses of marine life but I heard that the more experienced divers could see more a bit further down. I did see a mini Octopus which was a really bonus on my first diving experience.

The place I used was Aquaprodivers. It's a Turkish guy that owns and runs it, he's been diving there since he was old enough. Really good team even ended up on a couple of nights out with them. Very good english speakers, also do German and Russian. It's a big boat with diving every day during the summer season. There was a good mix of divers too from us learners through to Dive Masters from other countries. They had multiple dive guies and trainers it was a great learning environment. We did all our training in the sea in shallow bays to start with and class room stuff on the boat. I much prefered this to being stuck around a pool.

I'd thourghly recommend them if your in the area. (www.aquaprodivers.com) The best alternative was European divers but they were considerably more expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom