Diving in the Gulf Islands Feb. 1-Feb. 14 '08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lacie2k5

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm headed to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan from Feb. 1 through Feb. 14 2008 and am looking for recommendations for good, small dive operations. As I am relatively new to diving (16 dives, but have my AOW) I would like someone who is going to give personal service, not just a cattle boat.

I am also looking for a dive buddy during that time if anyone else will be around those parts. Any recommendations on things to see or do aside from diving?

Thanks!!

You might want to look into Koh Tao since you are so close. The dive sites are much closer to Koh Tao tha samui. Lots of dive ops to choose from. I like Taa Toh Lagoon Resort in Chalok baan kow which is not as crowded as Sairee beach but close enough to get to the night spots. I will be around the area most of February. PM me if you want more info.

Don't worry about a dive buddy, necessarily, since you'll be buddied up with another customer. That's common practice.

On Samui The Dive Academy or 100 Degrees East are smaller shops that meet your desire on Samui.

Ooooooooh there are so many dive centers on koh Samui. Plenty off choices. Don t forget Samui isn t really a dive island. Manny small dive shops you can find on koh Tao and cheaper than on Samui. Difficult to recommend a shop. More easy for me to tell you which centers you to avoid.
If you want to know them feel free and send me a pm.

Cheers...

Back
Top Bottom