Diving in the 1st Qtr '08.... Little Cayman versus Turks & Caicos...suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merganser1

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are trying to decide on where our group will go in the 1st Quarter of 2008. Currently, we are looking at:

* Little Cayman

* South Caicos

* Grand Turk

We are familar with Little Cayman and stayed at Southern Cross Club about 6 years ago and it was excellent. We have also been to Salt Cay and the diving was good. However, several of the resturants were closed so we wound up eating on Mary's back porch (literally.....OK but not great).

When we went to Salt Cay about 5 years ago, we were thinking about going to South Caicos but the dive operation/hotel was really having trouble. So we went to Salt Cay instead.

We will have some non-divers with us so we would prefer land based operations. So if you can recommend a land based operations that would be helpful. Obiviously, Grand Turk would have the edge on things to do but we still want the first priority to be diving.

Given we know Little Cayman and Salt Cay how would you compare the diving on South Caicos and Grand Turk to LC and Salt Cay? Suggested land based oper?

Thanks.

Morris

If you go to LC or SC remember your non-divers will have literally nothing to do. GT doesn't have much but it has at least a little for the non-dviers to do. I have dived both LC and GT and given the choice LC would be my favorite without doubt. On GT we dove with Oasis Divers and were very happy. On Little Cayman we dove with the Little Cayman Beach Resort op and were equally happy. BTW I'll be on LC 1/2-1/9/08. Maybe I'll see you there!

I have dived both and would give the edge to LC. GT is a fine diving destination, but the wall there is just not as spectacular as Bloody Bay Wall in LC.

I preferred the diving in this order-

Little Cayman
South Caicos
Grand Turk

only did a couple dives on Salt Cay so I don't have much opinion on it or remember much. I did a liveaboard when there was one in GT/Caicos so not much first hand knowledge on the land thing. GT diving was ok, I wasn't excited about it. And I can't find any reason overall to prefer GT over LC.

I would check out S Caicos again, if I knew there was a good place to stay and dive, that would be there when I got there. But not much to do for the non-divers unless they are good at entertaining themselves.

Back
Top Bottom