Diving in Thailand 26th - 30th October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheryl Goh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone! I am new here and hoping some of you could help me out with a dive trip I am planning real soon.

There are 3 of us in the group. Two of us are divers and the other friend wants to do his Open Water. We are thinking of diving either in Phi Phi or Koh Lanta but I heard conditions in Koh Lanta might not be suitable and so we will go to Phi Phi instead. Can anyone recommend a good dive center and affordable accommodation in Phi Phi? In Malaysia there are usually packages for diving and accommodation, is it the same in Thailand?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

It's not usual in this part of Thailand for diving + accommodations to be bundled in the sorts of packages that many resorts in Malaysia offer. Generally you book them independently of one another, though there are sometimes dive centers at resorts to meet the needs of any divers staying there or staying elsewhere. All dive centers on Phi Phi charge standardised rates, so there's nothing to be gained by comparing prices. I would advise, if staying on Phi Phi, that you find accommodations in Ton Sai village since that is where the majority of the dive centers are located.

Cheryl
I just got back from Phi Phi and there were several shops to choose from around 20 or so. I dove with the group from Blue Veiw Divers and I have nothing but great things to say about them. My buddy took his AOW and the instruction he received was top quailty. They have a website so look them up.There are 2 of their Instructors Caroline and Emma couldnt ask for better people. The Adventure club diving group was highly recomended also and I spoke with them and they seemed good people.
I hope you enjoy the diving and if you need send me a PM and I will help you if I can

Cheers
Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom