Diving in Tenerife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there,

looking to do a bit of diving in Tenerife this summer. Haven't booked anything yet but was just wondering if anybody has any experience diving there and would recommend some dive shops to use.

Thanks!

Hi yeah
i've been diving a number of times with Aqua Marina really good bunch of experience guys and girls and good laugh as well.

There are lots of good dive centres around the island. Probably best to choose one close to where you are staying. Much more marine life than in the med. On my last trip I got to see angel sharks and devil fish. Viz mostly good but a few currents to make dives a bit more interesting.

True, the best to choose which is closer to you, because they usually offer free transfers to the nearby towns. There is a center I know in the south: Dive and Sea Tenerife
I like diving in the Canaries, the water is never too cold, and there are many things to see, lot of rays, cuttlefish etc. There is a dive spot where usually turtles come. And you can do whale watching trips.
The whales of Tenerife - divingiscool.com

My trip got moved from Ibiza to Tenerife in early April. The research I have been charged with is finding out which part of the island has the better diving/diving centers. I have an Padi advanced cert and my girlfriend is going to get lessons while we are there. Can anyone point me towards some info?

My other half and I went with tenerife scuba (http://www.divingtenerifescuba.com/) over Christmas. They are based in las galletas on the south coast. I cannot speak more highly of the welcome and service we had from Chris and Sarah. They were well equipped, knowledgeable and had a range of dive sites to suit everyone in the group. We will return when we are back that way this Christmas for sure.

The most Divecenters are in the South. But drive one Day to the North, to Puerto de la Cruz and search a Divecenter there. The Dives in PdlC are the most beautiful Dives on the Island. The Lava-Environment is FANTASTIC.
Dont dive with the Divecenter in Abades. Is very Dangerous!:no:

Absolutely love the staff over at Zero Gravity. They are super knowledgable with staff from the Canaries as well as all over the world! They make the experience fun as well! It is pretty personalized which I really like as a diver! They offer really good prices and even better discounts for dive packages :)
Definitetly would recommend!

Back
Top Bottom