Diving in St. John mid-March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We'll be in St. John and I'd like to dive a few times between 3/16 and 3/20.

1) Can anyone recommend a dive outfit they like (I'll be needing to rent everything).

2) What are the sites you'd recommend for beach snorkelling (or possibly a boat tour)?

3) What are the sites you'd recommend for diving?

4) Also--are there any services that I could take my sister (non-diver) to get a little experience in a pool, or possibly for a very basic dive (assuming this would be safe)
to give her an idea about scuba? She does not want to spend days of her vacation
getting certified.

Thanks. Any other general advice about snorkel or scuba on the island would be great.
doglover

You might try Chris Sawyer Diving Center. They have a shop at Caneel Bay and dive every day. They also offer a discover scuba diving program each day right on the beach that would be great for your sister. Check out their web site sawyerdive.vi.
Have fun.

I went to the USVI last spring. I would recommend Chris Sawyer as well. It's a very well run & friendly dive op. I would pay the extra for the day trip over to the BVI's to dive the Wreck of Rhone. It's one of the top wreck dives in the western hemisphere.

As far as snorkeling goes, I'd go to Trunk Bay.

Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom