Diving in Sri Lanka - August 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I am planning for a trip to Sri Lanka on August 2013, and of course, after a bit of googling, I think I might squeeze in a few days for diving. I've checked other threads in this forum about Sri Lanka, but nobody says anything about diving in August (the viz, weather, current, etc), so would it be nice to dive in Sri Lanka on August ? And can anyone give me any recommended dive center in town? I might be there from the 9th until 17th. But I need to be in Colombo on the 14th since there is a good friend's wedding in Colombo on the 15th. :p

Thanks before for the help guys.
Dive safe.
Hafidz :D:D

Hi Hafidz,

in August dive season is on the east coast. Currently there are dive operators in Trincomalee, Passikudah and Batticaloa. August is windy across Sri Lanka but it is still possible to dive on the east. Visibility is more variable at this time and often averages around 10m in August. Offshore sites can also involve some bumpy boat rides but this is less of a problem closer to shore. If you are planning to travel you can plan to spend some days on the east coast and do some dives.

Since it is off season on the west coast none of the shops in Colombo or on west and south coast will be open. Ypsylon based in Beruwela does offer some off season diving but conditions can be rough and visibility often quite low.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom