Diving in South Korea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I live in South Korea at the behest of my employer
# of dives
50 - 99
For divers traveling to Korea, Aquatic Frontier runs dive trips once or twice per month along the East Coast of South Korea. I've done two trips with them and been very pleased with the dive locations, training, and accomodations. I'm looking forward to several more before I head back to the states. There are dives for most divers, from those who want to take an Open Water course on up. I'd much rather spend a year learning to dive in a new environment and increase my skills and confidence and meet new people than go a year without diving just because the conditions aren't pristine, warm water.

For military members, these trips meet USFK 190-1 requirements, so bring your dive gear with you when you PCS to the ROK.

Since my last posting I've completed another dive trip with Aquatic Frontier down to the southern tip of the Korean peninsula, near the city of Tongyeong. I've completed three PADI specialties, and have seen marine life far beyond what I've seen in North America. Don't write off Korea for diving if you're planning a trip to the West-Pacific, especially since it's a country that has been politically stable and welcomes Westerners.

If you want some good diving in Korea, take a cheap flight from Gimpo down to Jeju Island.

check at: w w w . a q u a t i c f r o n t i e r . c o m for the most current price information. Prices have included transportation, hotel, food, and air on past trips.
I will be on Jeju Island June 3, 2011 (+ or - 1 day) for 2-3 days with family. I am the only diver in the group and would really like to get at least one dive day in while there to see another part of the diving world.

I am 52 years old, female, 115#, 5'3" in good athletic physical condition, with 150+ dive experience and rescue certification.

I would like to set up a dive with an English speaking dive op.

My Nephew (who's wedding we are attending in S. Korea) is needing to book a resort/hotel/Band B somewhere on Jeju Island soon.

Will you please give me advice and recommendations on how to best proceed with my plans?
Also, recommendations for places to stay or places to avoid would be helpful.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time and assistance.
Toban
Nogales, AZ

best english speaking dive shop in Jeju is big blue 33, a German guy called Ralph runs it, he speaks fluent English and is a really nic guy.

Make bookings in advance as June will be busy on Jeju.

Back
Top Bottom