Diving in SoCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elvisisalive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm on a short notice trip to Orange County and would like to do some diving. Steve Millington really hooked me up with a diver down here, but he can only dive on Saturday. As I am from Massachusettes I do not have any idea what I can do to dive on Friday/Sunday. I brought all my gear with my; I only need doubles and a team. If you can help me I would really appreciate a call. I am in Anaheim and fly out Monday morning, May 2. Phone # (413) 210-6521.

Elvis

PM me. I learned to dive in MA and now dive here in SoCal. We have a DIR group going out this Friday night and some people are diving Sat am. Bunch of us are going wine tasting Sunday, so can't help with that directly, but I can put you in touch with other local DIR divers.

Like Rainer mentioned, we are going out Friday night down in OC.

Are you set on diving doubles, though? Our max depth will be no deeper than 40'....probably closer to 30'. Plus, I'm not sure how much experience you have with surf entries/exits, but it's a lot easier to manage in a single tank. I have an extra single (HP130) I'd be happy to set you up with (21% though...). Let me know.

Also can't help with Sunday....but do have fun on your Saturday dive plans!

Just a comment -- I know Elvis. He's a good guy and a good diver. Hope you guys can find people (and diving conditions, which I understand have been hard to come by recently down there) to show him a good time!

This is what I love about this community. I have received so much help/attention that I couldn't be happier. I'm set to dive Friday and Saturday. Sunday is still open so I'll see what happens. Either way, I'm happy to have some arrangements made. Thanks again, and if anyone is back in the Mass/Connecticut/New Hampshire area let me know.

Elvis, you're going to LOVE Channel Islands diving! Glad you found folks with whom to dive. Give my love to Claudette . . .

Just a comment -- I know Elvis.

well, it seems Elvis is doing a good job meeting very famous women divers - (somehow a poor private joke based on the other famous encounter of last week-end)

and proof that Elvis is still alive:

YouTube - Catalina April30

cheers,
c-reel (non famous and male diver).

Well here's to my new mate C-reel who tech passed just a few days after I left. Thanks for setting Saturday up and for all the generosity you showed me.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom