Diving in Rutland Quarry today (06/08)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LUBOLD8431

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Well, thats a misleading title. We were supposed to be going...
I left my house around 6 am and was driving up to pick up my buddy. The van was loaded down with four sets of doubles, two stages, and my gear box.
I made it out to Route 9 (in Wellesley, MA) and started heading East, when all of a sudden, my van pulls to the right suddenly, and my tire goes flat. Well, I was cruising along at 50 or so, and the tire going flat was not a fun experience...

Then, changing the tire was fun too, on the side of Route 9 with all these *******s flying past me ( only inches away from my ass halfway out in the street)...

Needless to say, I did not get to go diving today. Called my buddy, bagged the dives, and drove the limping vehicle back home to unload the unused gas....

Very dissapointing day.......lets just say that my season has not been that fulfilling...

P.S.-- If i had a full size spare instead of the stupid doughnut spare, we would have been still going. I cant believe these car manufacturers put those dumb tires as spares. ...

Have you ever seen a van with three normal tires, and one doughnut tire????

It kinda leans to the right now... I will be getting a full size spare tomorrow, and a new tire for the one that went flat...

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
Well, thats a misleading title. We were supposed to be going...
I left my house around 6 am and was driving up to pick up my buddy. The van was loaded down with four sets of doubles, two stages, and my gear box.
I made it out to Route 9 (in Wellesley, MA) and started heading East, when all of a sudden, my van pulls to the right suddenly, and my tire goes flat. Well, I was cruising along at 50 or so, and the tire going flat was not a fun experience...

Then, changing the tire was fun too, on the side of Route 9 with all these *******s flying past me ( only inches away from my ass halfway out in the street)...

Needless to say, I did not get to go diving today. Called my buddy, bagged the dives, and drove the limping vehicle back home to unload the unused gas....

Very dissapointing day.......lets just say that my season has not been that fulfilling...

P.S.-- If i had a full size spare instead of the stupid doughnut spare, we would have been still going. I cant believe these car manufacturers put those dumb tires as spares. ...

Have you ever seen a van with three normal tires, and one doughnut tire????

It kinda leans to the right now... I will be getting a full size spare tomorrow, and a new tire for the one that went flat...

I love that quarry. Obviously I've never been in the cave or done any deco or anything there, but I've been down to the deep car a couple times and played around in the shallows. The road back there is not something I'd want to do on a donut...

And yes I've seen a van with a donut. In fact, a few weeks ago in Maine, I was rafting the Dead. There's a long trucking road through a tree farm back there... a truck in front of us got a flat. The guy discovered he had a donut for a spare.. on a pickup. We were maybe 5 miles back.. I'm amazed he made it out of there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom