Diving In Pumuteran, Bali - Info Request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BKtraveler

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Greetings All,

My wife and I will spend two-three days diving in Pumuteran, Bali. We are not sure which dive sites to choose from. We have heard that Menjangan island is the most worthwhile spot and we were thinking just to request to dive there as that's possible through the dive shop but they are suggesting another package with dives around the Pemuteran offshore reefs. What do you all think? Should we request to stick to Menjangan island or are the offshore reefs there worthwhile? We are fairly experienced with good diving spots and would like to continue on that path :)

Thanks in advance,
BK

Greetings All,

My wife and I will spend two-three days diving in Pumuteran, Bali. We are not sure which dive sites to choose from. We have heard that Menjangan island is the most worthwhile spot and we were thinking just to request to dive there as that's possible through the dive shop but they are suggesting another package with dives around the Pemuteran offshore reefs. What do you all think? Should we request to stick to Menjangan island or are the offshore reefs there worthwhile? We are fairly experienced with good diving spots and would like to continue on that path :)

Thanks in advance,
BK
It depends on what you're looking for. . . Menjangan is nice for walls, but there was little big stuff when I dove there. The 'close in' reefs are supposed to be good for macro stuff (no direct experience). Secret Bay was good when I dove it, I've heard since that it has gone to ****. If you like small (6-pack), fast boats I would enthusiastically recommend Sea Rovers. It can be a long boat ride to Menjangan, choose wisely

Yes, Sea Rovers is a great outfit that'll get you to Menjangan (relatively) quickly and comfortably. I would dive both near-shore Pemuteran and Menjangan. Both have a lot to offer. We saw quite a bit of big stuff in Menjangan, and topside is very beautiful. Also, try Mucky Pirate's Cove at the east end of Pemuteran Bay.

Back
Top Bottom