Diving in Poland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you visiting, or living there? And do you know Polish? You do seem to be from Chicago... :D

Lots of scuba shops, starting in Warsaw. And clubs. They take their diving very seriously there.

We managed to get both our kids OW certified while we were living there, and even in English.

There's local diving in lakes and quarries; mostly in the Mazurian Lakes area, Silesia, and in the west. Baltic diving, though I never did any, I understand is cold, dark, and on net-entangled wrecks. But if you're living there, charter flights to the Red Sea are relatively reasonable.

The Polish equivalent of ScubaBoard (or one of them) is called Nuras (FORUM-NURAS ::). Great place to make contacts, get local dive conditions, etc etc etc. But it's only in Polish, as far as I see.

Username "Mania" is a ScubaBoard staff member here, lives in Warsaw, is a tech diver, and speaks excellent English. Also a very nice person. Maybe send her a PM? Tell her Marek K referred you. I'm sure she'd hook you up.

THE place to go is Hancza lake. Deepest in Eastern Europe (104 m.) with clear water and things to see even at <20m.

There's a polish web site about diving, www.divers24.pl , probably you can use google to translate it. Wreck diving in Poland is developed on really high level. We make a lot of deep, technical dives on 2WW wrecks.

Work has me in and out of PZL Mielec, but I just haven't had the opportunity to put together the time and money to get up to the Baltic. I have no problems getting my gear back and forth as the company fly's me Businesses class, just need to get out of the Southern plans to where the water is.

The only one I did not understand was inna is that a polish scuba school.

Nice site for what I could figure out.

Happy Diving

Plotek I have a question for you, if two polocks went diving together, which one led the dive?
Happy Diving

I am not sure that I understood Your question, but generally polish divers are the same as all divers, so also the diving rules are the same.
I do not know word "polocks", but I assume that it should means polish divers.
Leader for specific dive is choosen before dive by the group of divers.

I am not sure that I understood Your question

Never mind. It looked like an attempt at a "Polack joke," which were popular in the 1960s. Yes, aimed at Poles; the jokes started with the coal-mining "Stara Emigracja" to the U.S. from the early 1900s.

Those jokes died out here, fortunately, with Pope John Paul II and the rise of Solidarity in the 1970s.

The "real" Polish jokes of the 1970s, of course, had to do with Gomulka, Gierek, and the Soviets. :D

Back
Top Bottom