diving in phillipines in august

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Going to go diving in the phillipines in early August. Can anyone suggest a good place to go during that time? What is in season? I have heard of "Tubatahha Season". What is it?

I'm a new member. Just signed on. Any advice appreciated!

thanks,
flyingmonk

Flyingmonk,

I think the Tubbataha season is from March to June...

As for August, that is the middle of the "official" typhoon season. But that being said, don't let that scare you off. I've had a great trip through Anilao and Puerto Galera up north and then thru Cebu/ Visaya Region (Malapascua, Bohol, & Dumaguete) in late Aug/early September without a hitch.

edit: but then I'm located 2hrs away so I can monitor the regional weather somewhat before my trip...

THanks for responding so quickly to my post. I am interested in doing a short liveaboard. Maybe 2-3 days. But, I'm, worried about it being typhoon season, and then I have to of course book/pay early in advance.

That would leave my options being shore dives once I arrive in the Phillipines.

I've been thinking about going to Puerta Galera, as I've already been to Cebu and Bohol before. Can you suggest any dive operators in the area?

Puerto Galera dive ops... a lot to choose from and they're all excellent

The bigger ones are:
Asia Divers/ El Galleon resort
Atlantis
Lalaguna Beach Club

Club Mabuhay - caters more to East Asians tour groups - HK, Korea, etc...

Ton of smaller shops over on Sabang Beach as well

I usually go with Asia Divers. Top notch DM's and nice bar... Food is great but they do need to change that menu some day! Atlantis just renovated their restaurant and I'm hearing good thing about it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom