Review Diving in Panama - The Ark Divers Scuba Lodge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was in Panama in febuary 2022 for diving trip. I discovered the PARADISE at The Ark Divers Scuba-Lodge. They are located at Pixvae; at only 25 minutes of the Coiba National Park. It's the quickest access to Coiba National Park.

Beautifull diving. I saw THE thing (read here Whale shark... oh my god. It's huge). And I saw it more than one time (5 differents times on differents dives). I was very lucky.

Audrey and Mike were amazing hosts. Delicious foods, great lodge, ecological (electricity by solar energy), beautifull sunset. The rental gear was include in the package and it's was in perfect condition (high-end X-Deep Wing and Mares regulator). We did 3 dives a day with beautifull surfaces intervals on differents places with delicious luch. The small group was really appreciated (4:1 ratio when I was there). We go back to the surface only when you reach the yellow mark for the air (between 500-750 PSI). It's not ''First out, everyone need to go out''. Than means if you're not consume your air too fast, you can be underwater more than 1 hour if you want. :)

When I was there the road between Sona and Pixvae took 2h of driving but the road was not finish. Now, the road is done and it now take about 45 minutes to do the travel. If you arrived from Panama City, you can take City bus for 10$ US between this city and Sona (this part of this travel took approximatly 5h). Between Sona and Pixvea you can take a local ''chivas'' for 6$US. And now , in 2024, I know The Ark Divers will organize private transport from anywhere in the country if you want to skip the public transport.

I loved this trip and location so much. So, I will be back in 2025 for a another diving trip with The Ark Divers.

Attachments

• banc de poissons 2.jpg
    banc de poissons 2.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 5
  • banc de poissons.jpg
    banc de poissons.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 6
  • gear up on wall.jpg
    gear up on wall.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 6
  • sunset - Panama.jpg
    sunset - Panama.jpg