diving in Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whitepointer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello to all here in the forum. i will be moving to Okinawa in July of this year and i need some recommendations. I live i Guam and do not use any exposure suit while diving in these waters since it is nice and warm. What would you all recommend for me for diving in the waters of Okinawa, since it is a little cooler? Thanks

If you are going to be diving year round in Okinawa you will need two wetsuits a winter and summer suit. Summer is a 2-3mm suit or even a shorty water temp is high 70F's to 80F's. In winter -Dec thru March temps will be around 70F so a 5mm with hood is in order. You coming over with the military? Drop a line when you get in will take you out for a dive or two.

thanks for the info. no i will not be coming over with the military. i will be done with that. My wife is Japanese and we thought Okinawa would be a great place to be since it is nice and warm just like Guam and it is one hour and twenty minute flight to Osaka where my wife's family is. Again thanks for the info, i really appreciate it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom