Diving in Nice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bordiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys! Me and my fiancée will be for 6 days in Cote d'azur, based on Nice, with a rental car, from May 22nd to May 28th.
She's a OWD and I'm an advanced (50-60 dives). We'd like to dive in the area, but I've got no clue about weather, water visibility, what to see. We don't want to go too deep (more than 30 meters), but we'd like to dive there... We'll probably dive only one one day, so maybe only one or two dives..

Could anyone give me some advice on where to dive, what to see, hints, tips, which good dive operator to contact, etc?

Thanks a lot!!

Thanks a lot, guys!!

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

I used to live in Antibes (10 km west of Nice) and dove out of Juan les Pins. The boats we used at the time are now run by Easy Dive: EASY DIVE - plongée à Juan les Pins / Antibes - formation et vente de matériel. A friend who is living there dives with them somewhat regularly. In May the water is still cold 10C but there is descent diving with a bit to see here and there.

I am no expert on the area, but.... I was sent to that area for work back in 2007, I took a few extra days for myself. I too wanted to dive, but wasn't able to bring gear, wasn't the priority of the trip ect... I dove with NICE Diving, they go out every day. I thought it was a great operation. There may be better dives (that goes back to, I am not familiar with the area), as we did not go too far from the harbor, but this worked out great for me and my situation. I would definitely use them again.

I just dove with Nice diving a couple of weeks ago. Nice group of guys.

They are located right in the harbor. The water is warming up by May and you may not need gloves and booties but if you do plan on diving with them know that they don't rent those.

They go out once in the morning, come back in for restock and go out again in the afternoon. Diving is very easy and pretty. May I also suggest driving the hour to Marseille and diving there which I'm told is magic!

Best part of the diving is the local snacks after.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom