Diving in Nice in January 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nuballawalla

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be in Nice in late January for a conference and I would like to do some diving. Yes, I know it will be cold, but that doesn't frighten me. Can anyone recommend a dive center that is open this time of year, and can possibly rent a drysuit? Most of my certifications are from YMCA but I am a PADI divemaster. Should I have any problems? Thanks in advance for your help.

Your best bet would be to head over to Juan les Pins which is about 10 km west of Nice. When I lived in Antibes I dove with a club that is now part of EASY DIVE. Typical dives were out to the light house. Good fun.

As for your certs. You should be okay I had CMAS certs so it worked out fine for me.

Even during the winter months folks typically dive with a wet suit. At the time I was the exception and my friends were jealous. So I am not sure how easy it will be to find one.

If you need more info on the area let me know. Bon Journey.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom