Diving in New Jersey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nivla80

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi!

Gonna graduate from college this May, and will be relocating to New Jersey (Jersey City) for my job.

Just wondering if there're any dive ops around the area. Also, I am interested in taking up technical diving. Can anyone tell me if there are any dive shop/ops that offer trips and technical diving courses?

Besides the plan to pick up tech diving, i would also love to do recreational dives.

Thanks for all input!

Welcome to the NE Wreck Valley. You'll find no shortage of dive ops in Jersey. I think Blue Horizon Divers is near Jersey City. I worked with the owner at BTS. It is a nice balance of rec and tech.

Also, check out our club web site. We always have trips going on and usually book the boat for our club.

Pop over check it out. Membership is free. Lots of Jersey divers on the board. Click on the link in my signature line.

Hope to have the opportunity to dive with you this year.

Welcome to "Wreck Valley" and diving off the coast of NJ!

There's plenty of great diving here, as well as shops.

There is a shop in Hoboken (next town over of from Jersey City) but I can't speak for how "technical" they are; not very I think. (www.gohdc.com)

The shop that I dive out of is The Scuba Connection, about 1.5hrs from Jersey City in Belle Mead (www.tscscuba.com) which does lots of tech and advanced stuff. Most if not all training dives for any shop in NY/NJ area is done at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem PA (www.dutchsprings.com)

As for trips, there are more than a few boats to choose from at the Jersey Shore; though I may be a touch biased as to which one is the best :D (see sig)

Where are you re-locating from?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom