Diving in Malta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chungaw

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be going to malta in a few weeks. I'm trying to figure out where to go diving.
I've been in contact with a guy from Aquatica dive center out there but I haven't been able to find any information about them or any other dive center in that area.
Anybody have recommendations or experience with any of the dive centres there?

Thanks

Hope I can be of some help. I live in Malta and have a lot of friends who dive, and I'm a newbie myself. One of the best guys you can ask about all things diving is Antonio Anastasi who works for maltaqua and is vastly experienced a diver. He wrote this post on a site called maltainsideout which gives you a good idea of what to expect in Malta, and how he's personally rated as an instructor: Globe-trotting divers rate Malta's diving sites highly | Malta Inside Out. There's little Antonio doesn't know. The comments after the post make a good read too and there's some other dive info / posts on that site too which might help.

I live and dive in Malta and Antonio Anastasi taught both my son and myself to dive. If you dont mind your dive buddy singing under water then get in touch with him.. He's now working at Maltaqua dive centre at St. Paul's Bay. Just look it up on the net. He's a very good instructor and knows all theres is to know about recreational diving here.

There's a small dive shop down by the water in Valletta. It's been about 6 or 7 years since I was there last. An older guy owns the shop. Can you guys tell me the name of the shop or the owners name?

Last edited:
I was there last year
did all my diving out of Dive shack scuba Diveshack PADI Scuba Diving School Malta Rita Vella is the owner
I would recommend the book by peter G lemon This publication covers all aspects of diving in the Maltese Islands very detailed easy to understand and great if your are not using the guides
plenty of wrecks from 5 m to what ever you want an gullies the blue hole in Gozo is worth a visit nearly all the diving is shore based and depths range from the easy to the deep
I was there in August and the water was warm all dives done in a pair of shorts and a T-shirt
oh and there are thermoclines so it can get chilli having said that my adv time for a dive was about 60 Min
there is not a huge amount of life but what there is ,is colourful esp the fire worms

The simple answer is Malta for Wrecks, Gozo (next door) for scenic diving. Gozo is quieter, less hurried and less developed and the diving is great. Being a very small island it's affected by the weather but it's rare that there isn't somewhere to get a good dive no matter which way the wind is blowing. Contact Gozo Aquasports in Marsalforn for info on Gozo diving. They are the oldest dive centre on the island, they have been guiding and training divers for 30 years and really know their stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom