Diving in MA/RI in June...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rivers

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'll be travelling to MA in mid-June for my sister's wedding. I'll probably be in town in the region of a week to 10 days depending how much holiday I have left at that point in time. I'm hoping to get a day or 2 of diving in while I'm in town. Any recommendations of site, charters, cylinder hire (preferably twinset, and possibly stage depending on depths/bottom time), as well as anyone who wants to go for a couple of dives.
Thanks

Some quick answers...I am sure others will chime in.

I honestly don't know if there are shops in the area that will rent you a doubles/twinset set-up. Perhaps others can help on this. Otherwise, check in with some of the charter operators below, particularly those that have shops.

A few ideas on charters:

Techier - North Atlantic Dive Expeditions. operates out of Beverly, MA (north of Boston)
http://northernatlanticdive.com/

Mix
of tech and rec = Cape Ann Charters - Daybreaker (Gloucester, MA)
www.DiveDaybreaker.com

Cape Ann Divers - they operate 2 charter boats plus a nearby shop in Gloucester, MA. Mainly rec...although some wrecks and 100+ sites.
Welcome to Cape Ann Divers! cape ann divers, cape ann diving, boston diving, scuba boston, massachusetts diving, scuba massachusetts, new england scuba diving, scuba new england, north eastern usa scuba diving, scuba resorts usa, boston dive boat div

Boston Scuba - East Boston, MA. Charter boat and dive shop
Boston SCUBA | Boston SCUBA – Retail Sales, SCUBA Classes, Dive Charters, Boston Harbor Tours & Diver Services

Regarding finding some buddies - definitely check in here in advance of your trip once you have your dates nailed down. My buddy and I dive in the 0-100 range, mainly charters (we use Cape Ann Divers primarily). We dive single tank (DIR configuration...GUE training but not militant DIR-folk) and are usually taking photo (him)/video (me) - always happy to have someone else along. I lived in the UK for a few years - some diving in Stoney Cove, Wraysbury and on charters out of Plymouth - we can swap stories. Sadly, none of these charters have stern lifts :-(. We are behind the times here in the States when it comes to dive boat technology...

Chris

Back
Top Bottom