Diving in Kazakhstan - advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aariel

New
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Dear all,

I am new to the board so please be gentle :)

I am planning a dive trip to Kazakhstan with a friend of mine and we would like to dive the Lake Kaindy. Would there be anyone here who has dived there, or anyone with any diving connections to Kazakhstan? I have been in touch with the local diveshop and am awaiting their reply. We will bring all our own gear apart from weights and tanks, so need somewhere to rent those from. Also local help to get to the site would be brilliant. Any advice, or dive stories from there, would be much appreciated.

Thanks all!

Hi there
Just wondering did you manage to dive there?
I’m interested in planning a trip there too!

Hi there
Just wondering did you manage to dive there?
I’m interested in planning a trip there too!
I was in Almaty last spring. I found one local dive club and asked about Lake Kaindy. They replied they don’t dive there as to unstable conditions and bad views. If you find someone imagine it an adventure as it‘s very remote and a long climb up and down to the lake. Besides that it‘s a beautiful place!

You can dive in the caspian see though.

Back
Top Bottom