Diving In Jeddah (KSA)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be waiting for a detailed dive report. I wanted to see how KSA is different from Egyptian Red Sea.

Aziz I m travelling for Umrah. Will try to squeeze as much of diving as I can in 2 days! :)

---------- Post added January 26th, 2015 at 09:42 PM ----------

Hi Azhar,

Where are you staying?

Sheraton has a private beach with very easy access to the reef and the night dives there are pretty good too, I used them last year and rented a cabin at the beach for a few days. There were a couple of other divers living there plus a Filipino Instructor on site who will dive with you if you have not buddy

Another hotel whose name escapes me at the moment, but it was the Movenpick many years ago, has a resort at the north entrance to the creek (Sharm Obhur)

Both hotels have shuttle buses to their respective beaches.

Desert Sea Divers have decent boats, I know this won't help much at the moment but once you are in Jeddah it is easier to visit the dive shops bearing in mind that during prayer times all shops are closed so try to do this during a morning

Red Sea Divers, Natulis Divers and Blue Reef Divers are all within walking distance of each other near the Danube Shopping centre.

Good luck

Noted and Thanks for the info. I will be staying at friends place in Jeddah.

Is there any way to dive these Saudi reefs via liveaboard?

Not a chance, the Saudi Coast Guard would arrest you if you got caught, and Saudi prisons are not the place to have a holiday.

Azhar
Hands down the best diving in Jeddah is at Laplage Beach which is a private beach you can see a lot of things there. You wont see much big stuff in the Jeddah area , you have to go to Jubail or Yanbu or the Farasans for that . If it works in your schedule I would say a Thur night dive at the FAL compound then a day with Desert Sea on the boat then the other day at Laplage beach . That will give you the best diving in Jeddah you can get in a short period of time. Let me know dates as I will be taking some Open Water students up there in Feb sometime

Cheers
Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom