Diving in Japan in late October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jryan1204

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Will be in Japan in late October and was considering doing some diving there. At that time of year would Okinawa be the only logical choice with the temperatures? Also, looking for a good school. I have my open water via padi and did the advanced adventurer rating with SSI. I did a deep dive to 30m but would like to do a deep diving course to get certified to 40 meters.

I'm based here in Okinawa. Just took a quick look through my dive log for water temps last October and November and they average around 27C (80F) so certainly not a bad choice for water temps. Drop me a PM if you want specifics on operators.

There is a few good instructors out here. I would suggest Doug Bennett with Reef Encounters. He is one of those training over profit kinda guys.

It is wetsuit season around Tokyo till end of October, even end of November for most of us. I teach Deep Speciality too as well as TDI tech courses if Tokyo is more convenient for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom