Diving in Ireland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richtpe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to Ireland for a wedding from 24-June through 3-July and am hoping to get a bunch of diving in while I'm there. I'll be staying in Waterville in Kerry. From what I've found, this place looks to be the closest to me.

I was wondering if anyone has dove with that outfit before, and what you thought of them if you did. If anyone knows of a better and/or closer dive shop that you could recommend, that would be appreciated. Also, what's the average water temp this time of year? I'm trying to decide if I need to try and rent a dry suit or bring my 7mm semi-dry.

I don't know that centre but the area is very nice. The centre I knew there is now sadly closed.

Sea temp should be about 12-16C. I would dive dry myself, but you should be OK with a thick semi if you don't feel the cold too much.

There's some good diving at Baltimore as well which isn't too far away.

Chris

Thanks very much for the info. That temp is pretty much right on the border for me, so I think I'll bring my semi-dry and see how it goes.

I emailed the dive valentia place and haven't heard back yet. I just found a couple of other places that will be closer to me - Skellig Aquatics Dive Centre and Ballinskelligs Watersports - that I'm going to contact if I don't hear from dive valentia in a couple of days. If anyone has feed-back on either of those places I'd appreciate hearing it.

Back
Top Bottom