diving in Honk Kong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squaltigre

Registered
Reaction score
I will be in HK on business for a week and I wonder if there are some diving spots around the island. Can someone help me?

hmmm . . . it's not exactly world class diving here in hong kong. Most of the folks diving over the winter here tend to do so through clubs. Here's a list to get you started:

http://www.scuba.net.hk/home.htm

The site also has a list of shops, most have training trips on the weekends over the summer months, not sure if they'd be going out right how, the temps are pretty low at the moment (10 - 14C / mid 50sF) for us hong kongers! Most of the dive sites would be in the sai kung area, possibly trips going out to the southern side of Hong Kong island but the viz there tends to be really terrible. Vis on the whole here should be expected to be low most of the time. Of the 15 or so dives I've done here over the last few years the best was about 4-5m vis, the worst meant i could barely see my hand stretched out in front of me - and sorry to say that has happened a few times.

Good luck, hope you manage to have good dives!

Back
Top Bottom