Diving in Honduras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNScubaSteve

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm trying to plan a dive trip this month and am considering going to Honduras. Has anyone had any experience with any of these dive resorts: CoCo View, Anthony's Key Resort, Barefoot Cay Resort?

I've done a day trip with Barefoot Cay (it was a cruise stop, and we did 3 dives with them that day). While there my wife and I looked at the resort, with the idea we may want to stay there in the future. It was very nice in my opinion. The staff was great, and the diving was super nice. I would love to go back there and spend a week or two at the resort. If you can spring for the rooms on the island do that, they're nicer, and of course cost more $$.

I'll be going to AKR in a week, and spending 2 weeks with them. If your interested feel free to PM me around the beginning of July and I'll give you my opinion.

There are lots of reviews for ccv and akr here on sb

There are lots of reviews for ccv and akr here on sb

Yep. Those are popular resorts. I suggest the OP either do a search or just go back to the Central America forum, click on the Bay Islands sub-forum, and browse through all the great info there.

Can't reply about those resorts, but have stayed at Turquoise Bay Resorts and dove with their in house op Subway and can recommend them. Very reasonably priced, good food, great dive op, and nice beach. We will go again at some point. I wrote a full trip report in the Bay Islands forum.

Safe travels,
Jay

I'm trying to plan a dive trip this month and am considering going to Honduras. Has anyone had any experience with any of these dive resorts: CoCo View, Anthony's Key Resort, Barefoot Cay Resort?

If you want a little funkier diving experience try the sister island to Roatan, Utila. Same type diving, much more laid back.

There's a group of about 100 from Scubaboard going to Anthony's Key Resort next week. Some are already traveling. Some of the folks have been before, but for me it will be a first. If you're still deciding two weeks from know, I'll let you know what I think :wink:

I have been to CoCo View multiple times. There are plenty of reviews of CoCo View on the board. CoCo View is styled as a "liveaboard on land". You do two boat dives per day. You have the option on coming back of diving one of the two walls on the approach to CoCo View and ending the dive with an easy shore exit. So you can get a basic 4 dives per day without much work. You can also do as many shore dives per day as you wish.

The resort is rather basic. It is sometimes called "summer camp for adults". The food is buffet. There is a decent variety. I was always able to find something that I was happy eating.

The boats are good. The dive shop is good. But it is a dive, dive, dive orientation. It is not really for the non diver.

We are booking flights into Honduras for January. Haven't been there before either. Was in Curacao for two weeks this last January. anybody been to both and can give a comparison? We really enjoyed the shore diving. We are looking at renting a house if possible. any suggestions?

I have been to CoCo View multiple times. There are plenty of reviews of CoCo View on the board. CoCo View is styled as a "liveaboard on land". You do two boat dives per day. You have the option on coming back of diving one of the two walls on the approach to CoCo View and ending the dive with an easy shore exit. So you can get a basic 4 dives per day without much work. You can also do as many shore dives per day as you wish.

The resort is rather basic. It is sometimes called "summer camp for adults". The food is buffet. There is a decent variety. I was always able to find something that I was happy eating.

The boats are good. The dive shop is good. But it is a dive, dive, dive orientation. It is not really for the non diver.

Is there good places to say near CoCo? We would prefer to rent a house and walk or rent a truck to go to other dive sites

Back
Top Bottom