Diving in El Salvador?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

w1jp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am making a trip to El Salvador in a few weeks. Should I bring dive gear? What interesting dives are there?

Jon

I lived in El Salvador. I got certified there. There's no good diving. If you're DYING to go diving, take it....I guess.....but it's just crappy lake diving. Visiting the lakes is HIGHLY recommended as they're gorgeous, but diving them isn't necessary. BTW, the lake names are Lago Ilopango and Lago Coatepeque. There are a few beaches that are gorgeous to visit, but require knowing someone that owns a beach house to truly enjoy them.

Quick question: Out of curiosity, why are you visiting El Salvador?

I lived in El Salvador. I got certified there. There's no good diving. If you're DYING to go diving, take it....I guess.....but it's just crappy lake diving. Visiting the lakes is HIGHLY recommended as they're gorgeous, but diving them isn't necessary. BTW, the lake names are Lago Ilopango and Lago Coatepeque. There are a few beaches that are gorgeous to visit, but require knowing someone that owns a beach house to truly enjoy them.

Even the ocean diving is bad? Or..nonexistant? Wife is from there, so there's a chance we'll visit at least one more time to capture the family history before it all fades away as members move around the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom