Diving in Disney's Wave Pool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cudachaser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
A friend just called me earlier today. Want's me to help with repair job in the Disney wave pool....Guess it will be a bit nasty, cool water...diving under tarps after they have filled the pool with water main water, so guess it will be dirty

As long as they don’t turn on the wave generator while you’re in there or you’d need to use a surfboard for a BP.

cudachaser:
A friend just called me earlier today. Want's me to help with repair job in the Disney wave pool....Guess it will be a bit nasty, cool water...diving under tarps after they have filled the pool with water main water, so guess it will be dirty

Unless your friend owns a commerical diving company, I can't imagine Disney would even let him on the property.

Unless you're a commerical diver with proper surface support, I don't think it's too healthy for you to be there either.

The number of things that can go wrong on an amusement park ride are astonishing, and just for fun you'll be diving in a low-viz overhead environment.

I'd thank him for thinking of you, then go do something else.

Terry

Web Monkey:
Unless your friend owns a commerical diving company, I can't imagine Disney would even let him on the property.

Unless you're a commerical diver with proper surface support, I don't think it's too healthy for you to be there either.

The number of things that can go wrong on an amusement park ride are astonishing, and just for fun you'll be diving in a low-viz overhead environment.

Terry
Exactly the first thing(s) that sprang into my mind. Especially the overhead-restricted and commercial part.

All the best, James

Web Monkey:

Terry

Oooh, the PADI Police are back and in force.

I think Joe can figure the risks out for himself. He's only been doing this since 1960-something.

cudachaser:
under tarps after they have filled the pool with water main water, so guess it will be dirty

How clear is drinking water from a municipal supply? I would think it would be at least 50+ feet of viz.

Crazy Fingers:
Oooh, the PADI Police are back and in force.

I think Joe can figure the risks out for himself. He's only been doing this since 1960-something.

First, I'm not PADI or the Police.

Second, I never met Joe, so I have no idea when he's been diving since.

In any case, I stand by my recommendation. This is a commercial job in a dangerous environment, and doing it safely requires more than a couple of guys with SCUBA equipment.

However, it's a (mostly) free country, and anybody can do pretty much whatever they want.

Terry

As Joe’s partner and fellow instructor I think it’s safe to say that Joe has many more cold black water commercial dives than most posters here have total dives. People must get pretty tired jumping to conclusions around here all the time.

Bill51:
As Joe’s partner and fellow instructor I think it’s safe to say that Joe has many more cold black water commercial dives than most posters here have total dives. People must get pretty tired jumping to conclusions around here all the time.

Perhaps then Joe could go back clear up this confusion in this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=169258&highlight=ibis that he caused with this post http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2454503&postcount=3

Have a talk with him, would ya?? :huh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom