Diving in Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldsmoke

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'll be there the 17th - 23rd of May. I have obligations over the weekend but am pretty free during the week. I would love to get some diving in. If anyone's available let me know.

Hunter

We will be at Haigh Quarry on the 22 and 23 with classes. On the 23 we will have a cookout and alot of others will join. You are more than welcome to come out with us.....if you can get out of or bend your obligations :)

Let me know if you can't find anyone and I will try and get out of work one day during the week and we can go hit the quarry

Thanks for the offer. I would really like to dive in the lake however. I'm traveling with the family that includes a 2 year old so I am not really traveling lightly. If I am going to deal with the extra dive baggage I'd really like to get a couple of Tech 1 level dives on a cool wreck.

Let me know if that might work out.

Thanks.

Hunter

coldsmoke, you might consider PMing ppO2diver or Do It Easy -- both of them tech dive in the lake, and although neither is GUE trained (to my knowledge) Duane follows the system closely, and Tony's just a really good diver and a great guy to hang with.

Other folks would be StreetDoctor and Scuba in Chicago, but I don't know either of them personally at all. They're both Tech 1 with Bob Sherwood, IIRC.

Thanks Lynne,

I dove with Duane and Tony a couple of years ago. Both are uncertain if they will be able to dive with me this time as I can really only do mid week stuff. I don't know streetdoctor or scubainchicago but it was my hopes that someone who frequents this forum might see this - so hopefully they're watching. :blinking: That's how I met Duane and Tony.

Hunter

Get in touch with Greg :wink: I am sure he has something going
Shipwreck Adventures

Thanks for the link. I checked out their site and they don't have much mid-week, but I'm sure that would change if there was enough interest. My main concern at this point is a buddy or two. If I can find that then I'm sure the charter can come together.

Hunter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom