Diving in Cape May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bethn1210

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have any information about diving in Cape May? There have been a few threads posted over the past few years, but I couldn't find anything current.

My husband and I travel there frequently, and would love the opportunity to do either shore diving or boat diving. I can't seem to find any shops too close, but I thought there might be a dive club or local divers with some info.

Thanks!

To my knowledge there are no boats currently out of Cape May, unless it's privately owned. Some have shore dove the old concrete ship in the Delaware Bay with mixed results. North end of Avalon - jetty @ 8th St is possible. Friends have gone bottle diving behind he Deauville Inn, Stratheme off season. Guessing your closest options for dive shop would be outside AC where there are 2 - Atlantic Divers and American Diving Supply formerly East Coast Dive. Used to be boats in Sea Isle City & Gardners Basin AC. I know American Dive had a dive club, not sure about current status. Good luck!

No real shore diving. Vis is badly affected by Delaware Bay water. Gene Peterson has relocated his dive operation there, a little googling will find it. I think there’s a chance you’ll find a boat there next summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom