Diving in Belize HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gnarlysb

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I am in Belize for a medical elective but have a week beforehand in Belize. I really enjoy diving but have only done about 15 dives at open water level.

I was wondering if somebody could tell me the best things/places to go in a week - i really want to do lots of diving, and perhaps have a few beers, meet some ppl etc! i have the opportunity to explore the south later on so would probably want to be north/ central although that doesnt matter too much.

What do you think my best options are? I fly into Belize city on the 17th of jan.

Tim x

Fom the airport, go to the water taxi terminal and head out to either Caye Ambergris or Caye Caulker. Amazing diving about 10 mins off shore, great for new divers, plenty of dive sites to keep you busy for a few days. There are plenty of off-shore trips from there as well- Turneffe Atoll (north and south), Lighthouse Atoll (the Blue Hole- highly recommended), etc. The diving there is great, great vis, warm water, the Belican (sp?) beer is wonderful. You'll love it.

Ambergris Caye has some great diving. Shark Ray alley is awesome. I used Ambergris divers and they were good. Havefun and good luck on your elective

Depending on funds, contact Pedro's Inn and stay there. That'll leave you lots over to give to businesses like mine! Seriously, whoever you go out with at that time will be moderately busy, enough so any trip you want to go on will happen. The only weather-related downside might be excessive wind, but that isn't very likely (too much and we can't take boats through the reef). If you want special attention at your present early stage of diving, pick one of the smaller operators. You'll love the diving here - as challenging as you want it but always approachable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom